1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error message

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ekih, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ekih

ekih Thread Starter

when booting up I get an error message.
    RTL
    unable to start driver for HPHipm09.exe

I would asume that this is my printer which is HP, but it works ok.
    any ideas?
    thanks

2. Sequal7

Sequal7

Do you have zonealarm running? If you do, go into both the program list and the component list and make sure that all HP software have access rights. That might help.

Best bet would be to remove and re-install your printer though, this will most likely remove the error.

3. ekih

ekih Thread Starter

I looked and didn't see it listed under program list or component list.

4. Sequal7

Sequal7

Then you need to add it to that. It is trying to connect to HPUpdates center,a nd most likely ZoneAlarm is denying it. Look on Zonelabs Forums for an answer as well as here, this most likely is a Zonelabs error.

5. ekih

ekih Thread Starter

thanks I will look into it.
    Since I loaded ZA I have had other connection problems.

6. 8Spider

8Spider

I have the same error on a Win XP Pro computer with Sp-2. It is an Hp Photosmart 1000. HPHipm09.exe controls the memory card reader on the Printer. It is unable to connect with the printer when I boot up. If you click on the exclamation Icon in the task bar and click on 'connect', it will connect and work.
    Hp has a fix located here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&cc=us&product=61872&dlc=en&docname=bpy21096
    Unfortunately I have followed the instructions and have had no luck fixing it. Re-installing the software and drivers won't fix it either. I would like to just disable the darn thing as it is never used. Anyone have any ideas? I am not a big fan of HP software :p

8Spider

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!