Error message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Soloris

My girlfriend is experiencing an error message when she starts her comp, she runs Win 98 SE, the error is An exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C14F3B76 in VxDCDR4VSD(01)+000142BS This was called from 0028:C147E465 in VxDCDVSD(01)+00000E65 it pops up when windows is loading and it says that it may be possible to continue normally then it says to press anykey to continue or to press Ctrl Alt Delete to restart the comp and I will lose my work etc but she gets the error with every start now

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi and welcome. Has she made any changes to the system lately? Added a SCSI card perhaps?

Soloris

She hasnt, i dont belave she has made any changes, it was working fine last night, the error only started appearing this morning

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Ok, then, let's try this. Restart, tap the F8 key, chose command prompt only.

Once there, type scanreg/restore and hit enter.

You should have a date for yesterday or the day prior. Choose that to restore, then reboot.

HOWEVER....BE SURE that she hasn't made any changes or added any new hardware!

Soloris

No hardware changes, she did add and uninstall a program that was supposed to help fix the problem but didnt.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
If it blows up, I don't want to know :D

Just kidding :)

Soloris

It didnt work, she restored to a reg from 2 days ago and still gets the message, she can still load windows and everything looks fine I just dont like ignoring it because idk what it means

Soloris

Also, does restoring mean the comp is no longer defragged after defragging it today?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
No, restoring only means a good registry was restored.....also, any programs that she may have installed in the meantime will need to be reinstalled again...basically anything that writes to the registry.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online