Error Message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

web_chick

When i start my labtop computer, i get an error message that says tcp/ ip network transport is not installed. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?:)

My thought would be to install TCP/IP :)

Maybe you want to tell us the OS and we can provide a little light on how to install it

Hrmmm Windows XP should already have the TCP/IP protocol installed

can you check Start/control panel/Network connections/right click on each item in there and pick properties and list here the names of the connection I.E. "Local Area Connection" and if you see Internet Protocol TCP/IP listed in the "The connection uses the following items" box.

Also explain if one is showing LAN and highspeed internet and or if they are saying Dial up connections or something to that sort.

So there is only one connection its dial up and it has TCP/IP checked and running? If this is the case can you post a screenshot of the error as well as look at your event logs something else may be wrong.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online