Error Message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Heaven66

I have a Acer aspire one Netbook which i use along with my wireless broadband, it has been running fine up until past week or so when i was being asked for an ip address which i tried to do an ipconfig command for but when i tried to do this it comes up saying no operation command can be performed on local area connection while it has it's media disconnected, I am not at all sure what this means or what to do can anyone help? Sorry my Netbook is with Windows xp!!

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
control panel
network connections
local area connection/wireless network connection - double click
suport tab
repair

AND if necessary

control panel
network connections
wireless network/local area connection - right click - Properties
Properties
under General tab look under the "this connection uses the following items"
Click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
Click Properties
Click "obtain an IP adress automatically"
also make sure the "obtain a DNS automatically" is checked

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online