Error Messages-CD&DVD Drives

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

paul5

I have two drives E (DVD/ROM) and F(DVD/CD R-RW functions). I used to be able to do a simple copy from a system folder and paste onto a CD-R (non-formated) in either drive. Now when I attempt to do so I get "Please insert a disk in drive E" even though a disk is already in it. Using drive F with a disk in it, results in the following when I right click on it and attempt Paste: "F is not accessible. Incorrect function."
The Copy/Paste function will work with a formated disk. I much prefer to use a CD-R. Formating is too time consuming. Any suggestions?
Many Thanks

e is a dvd rom so you wont e able to write to it

are you on xp?

try right clicking the file, mouseover send to, and click your f drive

paul5

Drives E and F are not noted on the Send To list. Only the A,C,and D are listed as Local Disks and G,H as removable disks. I have no idea where or what G and H are.

If your cd burners arn't listed in the send to list, try checking to see if cd recording is enabled for that particular drive. To do this, rightclick on your cdrom drive, go down to properties, in properties, select the recording tab, make sure that there is a checkmark in "enable cd recording on this drive"

Daniel - YourTechOnline.com technician

Your suggestion solved my problem. I'm able to burn my blank CDs again. Thanks a lot.

paul5

Sorry no luck here. "Recording tab" is not listed in Properties. It lists: General, Autoplay,Hardware, InCD, and Sharing. Under InCD is the following: Sony DVD-ROM DDU1613
Drive Capabilities-MRW read= Yes,MRW Write=No,DRT-DM=No. I think whatever InCD is, is my problem. BTW what is MRD and DRT please? Any chance I can still fix this problem?
Thank you for you interest.

Insert a blank CD and then click on properties. The "Recording" tab should appear now. Tick on "enable CD recording on this drive".

paul5

Sbarai- Your patience is appreciated. I tried your insert Cd suggestion. "Recording tab" is not listed in E Drive Properties. The E drive contains General, Autoplay,Hardware, InCD, and Sharing. F has the same tabs in addition to "Recording". Recording has an option that says: Select this check-box to record CD's by dragging files and folders to the CD-R icon on your computer." If checked, it prompts to select a drive to store an image of the CD to be written. I do not see a CD-R icon on my system. Where would that be lcated please? Also, I'm not sure what storing an image of the CD means. Sounds like I'll be storing data on an internal drive. All, I simply wish to do is copy/paste data or "Send to" a CD-R. As noted, the E drive is not noted in the Send To list. Is it a read only drive?
Many Thanks-Paul

You had mentioned that your E drive is just a DVD ROM drive....so I don't understand why you are expecting that to be able to write on a CD. The F drive is actually a CD writer and so it is showing the 'recording' tab.
I'm not sure where the CD-R icon is supposed to be but you can just copy the files you want to write to the CD and paste it on your F drive and then right click on the F drive and you can see an option 'write these files to CD'. If you select this option, the CD writing wizard should open and then you should be able to write files on your CD. That is what I usually do if I don't want to use any other CD writing software to write files to the CD.

I hope this should answer your problems.

Subhankar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online