Error messages & Hang up's

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

smuralidhar

HI friends.,

When I am working on windows file or even when I am browsing, I will get one of the below mentioned error messages atleat 10 times in one hour.

Once I get this message all the windows file & folder or web page will hang up, it will not move at all for atleast 5 minutes. After 5 minutes all the open web pages and Window files will shut down and it will show desktop.

Can any say what is the problem. Whether I am connected to Broadband or not this messages will keep on coming.

Microsoft Word has Encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This Information your were working on might be lost. Microsoft word can try to Recover it for you.

Please Tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Microsoft Word. We will treat this report as Confidential and anonymous.

( OR )

This Programme has created an illegal opertaion & it will shut down.

For further details click the below link.

I have scanned the computer for virus with “Norton, AVG, Panda, Mcfee” No virus found.

Operating System window 98.
IE : 6

smuralidhar

Thanks Badit429 for your suggestion.

When I clicked on “Detect and Repair” menu it opened an dialog box after processing for 30 seconds it asked me to insert “CD” but the problem is that I don’t have the “Windows 98 Second Edition” ‘CD’ what shall I do now.

(Note : two years back we got in to new house, at that time I lost my Windows CD, even after repeated searh I could not find it. What can I do now.)

smuralidhar

Hello Bandit429

As I have lost the CD, could you please suggest me an alternative.

Can I download it from the website or any other kind of alternative.

I am not lying to you, when i lost it from where shall it bring it.

Try this...go to start then run then copy and paste one of these in the run box and hit ok.
scanreg /r
scanreg /f
scanreg /restore
if you get to the last command follow the onscreen instruction and choose one of the registry dates by using your arrow keys. Choose a date prior to the problem occuring.
Hopefully one of these may work.

smuralidhar

Hi, Bandit429 Thankyou for your Co-operation.

When I ran the “Run Box” this is what I got, what I have to do now. (please don’t think bad I am a beginner in computers, sorry for disturbing you.)

I ran both “scanreg /r & scanreg /f” for both I got the same answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Windows Registry Checker

Usage : SCANREG [/]

? : Displays usage.
BACKUP : Backup the registry and related system configuration files.
RESTORE : Choose a backup to restore.
FIX : Repair the registry.
COMMENT =“” : Adds the specified comment to the CAB file while backing up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

ok you have to type the full word....sorry about that this is all from memory.
scanreg /fix
scanreg /restore

smuralidhar

Hi, bandit429

I restored my registry, but it did not help me solve my problem.

It created a new problem, my system does not shut down now, it will keep on restarting every time I give shut down command.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online