error messages with waol.exe - bad image

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

linda0202

I'm a novice computer user. Please help me to resolve this error message that I receive every time I try to open a web page. AOL says it's not their fault, that the fault is with Windows. I'm running Windows XP and AOL 8.0. The error messages also pop up when I'm in internet explorer. The error messages are:

The application or DLL C:\windows\system 32\agil.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check tis against your installation diskette.

and

The application or DLL C:\windows\system 32\intlmain.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

Please help, I ran spy ware and Norton Anti Virus. Norton found trojan startpage but could not fix only quarantine.

please download hijackthis and run it and click on save log and paste a copy of that log here in this thread please do not start a new thread. the link to hijackthis is in my sig.

Most of what Hijack This lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online