1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error messages

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by fireax29, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireax29

fireax29 Thread Starter

the two I keep getting are: This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down, if the problem persists, contact the program vendor. Then there are 3 boxes that go along with it that say CLOSE, DEBUG, DETAILS.

The other one says ! an error has occurred in internet explorer. Internet explorer will now close. If you continue to experience problems, please restart your computer.

under the details button: explorer has caused an invalid page fault in module mfc42.dll at 0187:6c3cb55

also when clicking on my computer a message shows up saying: This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shutdown.
    If the problem persists contact the program vendor.

I am a new tech a+ certified i wish the test would have taught how to troubleshoot theses errors. I am fustrated how do you learn to diagnose these?

I ran scanreg /fix under dos mode and the computer freezes at 7%. the o.s is win 98 se

Can someone please help?

2. Hairy

Hairy

3. jm100dm

jm100dm

Welcome to Tech Support Guy.

Check this link out for a possibly solution and better understanding of what is happening.

http://aumha.org/kbeipf.htm

You can do a search here at "Tech Support Guy" for what others have done with similar problems. Sometimes that is quicker than waiting for some one to respond due to the large quantities of problems that everyone is having.

This is a very helpful site so if you continue to have problems save as many specifics as you can and post them here.

jm100dm

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115827

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice