1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error messages

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by smokincollee, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smokincollee

smokincollee Thread Starter

:eek: Hi, I'm haveing a few problems. First of all, when I boot up the computer I get 2 error messages. The first one is this....
    XML Document must have a top up level element
    Line 0

and the second one is
    Error Loading
    C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\bridge.dll

I had a couple of worms....the I-Worm/Bagle.N and [email protected] I tried many times to get rid of them, and something must have worked because I am no longer getting messages saying I have them. I used many different tools online. But they kept saying they couldn't find it. Now I'm getting these other messages. I can't even download Highjack this as my system shuts down. When I try to download this or go into many other sites, my cpu usage goes to 100% and then nothing works. Please help me.

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

What operating system are you using? You might think about getting the free anti-virus mentioned below in my signature, uninstalling the one you're using and restarting your computer, installing then updating AntiVir.

Booting to Safe Mode then running AntiVi9r or your AV of choice.

If you're using WinME/XP you'll have to disable System Restore then restart your computer before doing the above. Because every 10 hours of operation Windows creates a new restore point, it often backs up the virus in this Restore folder Windows protects. For this reason, and virus writers know this, anti-virus sniffers, on or off-line, can detect but not remove the malware from this special folder. Just disable SR, it purges the folder contents.

3. smokincollee

smokincollee Thread Starter

I've done the Panda On-line Virus scan, and ad-aware anti virus many times. I'm running xp and I turned off my system restore, but I don't know what these error messages mean. Can you explain what is happening?

4. Styxx

Styxx Banned

if you've disabld SR and restarted your computer go back in there and re-enable SR now. The error with Panda scan is likely a remote server being clogged with requests. you might try this other opn-line scan. http://housecall.trendmicro.com

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221659

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice