1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error msg on startup about syconifig.exe

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by marri69, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marri69

marri69 Thread Starter

well here it goes...when i start my puter which i run windows 98....2 error msgs appear...the first one says

can't find syconifig.exe(or one of it's components)and says sometime about deleting it or reinstall and the next one says could not load or run syconifig.exe in the win.ini file.

the system seems to run ok after i click them off....so could u help me get ride of the error msgs or tell me how to fix what they are askin.....thanks....Marri

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi marri69, welcome to TSG.

Are you sure of the exact spelling of this error message?

If so, I would suggest a virus scan ASAP after you've updated to the newest data files.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!