1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error msg: server unreachable

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Daxin, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Daxin

Daxin Thread Starter

Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble since last week. I have sweethosting.com hosting my web site and my laptop can't seem to connect to the web site anymore. Everytime I try, I get an error msg: Gateway time out--- Server Unreachable.. sometimes when I repair the wireless connection I can get access, but sometimes I can't.

I've tried scanning with with Nortons antivirus and scanned with spybot and also with Adware. I'm lost in the dark right now. My Desk top computer can access the web site though.

Can someone help me please.

2. TOGG

TOGG

This is what I got when I just tried that site;

"This page is used to test the proper operation of the Apache HTTP server after it has been installed. If you can read this page, it means that the Apache HTTP server installed at this site is working properly.
    If you are a member of the general public:

The fact that you are seeing this page indicates that the website you just visited is either experiencing problems, or is undergoing routine maintenance."

Checking the URL with a server identification tool produced the information that it is online, but returns a "HTTP 1.0 403 Forbidden", which seems to confirm the information above.

The IP address for that domain is 69.42.129.18. Sometimes, using the IP address instead of the URL works better, although I don't expect it will make much difference in this particular case.

3. Daxin

Daxin Thread Starter

4. TOGG

TOGG

That URL works fine for me and the server query result indicates it is OK as well;

"Initiating server query ...
    Looking up IP address for domain: www.sweethosting.net
    The IP address for the domain is: 72.232.75.131
    Connecting to the server on standard HTTP port: 80
    [Connected] Requesting the server's default page.
    The server returned the following response headers:
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:36:32 GMT
    Server: Apache 3
    Last-Modified: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 21:13:05 GMT
    ETag: "11a41f4-5dca-44060e61"
    Accept-Ranges: bytes
    Content-Length: 24010
    Connection: close
    Content-Type: text/html
    Query complete."

I wonder if a change of browser might help, although I doubt it, given the symptoms you describe.

It appears that you have your desktop and laptop networked, so it is possible something needs changing in that setup but, unfortunately, I know nothing about how to troubleshhoot networks, wireless or otherwise!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/448978

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice