Error Msg

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Redhair

Hi Guys,

Hope you can help, I have Vaio laptop and yesterday windows shut down, got error: stop: 0x0000001E, advised me to logon "safe mode" and when I tried to log on safe mode it started and then again shut down with this error msg.

Help...

V.

Until more help comes along, did you install a new hardware or software service?
Below is One of the Definitions of your error code:

STOP 0x0000001E or KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
The Windows kernel detected an illegal or unknown processor instruction, often the result of invalid memory and access violations caused by faulty drivers or hardware devices. The error message often identifies the offending driver or device. If the error occurred immediately after installing a driver or service, try disabling or removing the new addition.

Good luck
Ray

Redhair

Thank you Ray, but how can I do that when I can't even log on safe mode?

I want to install skype and every time I get message that windows cannot create AppData directory

Redhair

I don't have any CD, I purchased the laptop with Windows pre-installed, I also just moved and all the CD that came with the laptop are in storage.

V.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online