1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Msg

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Redhair, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Redhair

Redhair Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

Hope you can help, I have Vaio laptop and yesterday windows shut down, got error: stop: 0x0000001E, advised me to logon "safe mode" and when I tried to log on safe mode it started and then again shut down with this error msg.

Help...

V.

2. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Until more help comes along, did you install a new hardware or software service?
    Below is One of the Definitions of your error code:

STOP 0x0000001E or KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    The Windows kernel detected an illegal or unknown processor instruction, often the result of invalid memory and access violations caused by faulty drivers or hardware devices. The error message often identifies the offending driver or device. If the error occurred immediately after installing a driver or service, try disabling or removing the new addition.

Good luck
    Ray

3. Redhair

Redhair Thread Starter

Thank you Ray, but how can I do that when I can't even log on safe mode?

4. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Do you not have a Backup/Restore CD or DVD that you can use to boot up with?

5. mhmm009

mhmm009

I want to install skype and every time I get message that windows cannot create AppData directory

6. Redhair

Redhair Thread Starter

I don't have any CD, I purchased the laptop with Windows pre-installed, I also just moved and all the CD that came with the laptop are in storage.

V.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!