1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error No. 8000FFFF When trying to use Windows Update

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by _MickC, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. _MickC

_MickC Thread Starter

Hi, When I try to use Windows Update I get an error message 8000FFFF. I have looked up some solutions, one of which tells me to launch REGEDIT and then go into HKLM|\components. I realise that I am very slow here but when I use the 'SEARCH' function on Vista and type in REGEDIT it just populates an evert growing list, rather than acting as just a search for REGEDIT. The solution suggested if I could ever get to REGEDIT under Components delete PendingXmididentifier NextQueueEntryIndex and AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving. Anyone know if this is a good solution but more importantly HOW DO I ACCESS REGEDIT!!!! Sorry for being so slow, Mick

2. devil_himself

devil_himself

3. _MickC

_MickC Thread Starter

Sorry to be so thick - not sure what Win + R > means!!

4. devil_himself

devil_himself

Win <-- Which open the Start Menu ..

Press WIn + R To Open "Run"

5. _MickC

_MickC Thread Starter

Thanks - I'm getting there slowly. The link which you kindly posted again points me to something called HKLM\Components. I've now accessed Regedit and can't see anything named that.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644624

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice