1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error: "Not a QuickBooks data file or is damaged"

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by elysium, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. elysium

elysium Thread Starter

Does anyone know how to repair .qbw files? I don't really want to pay $500 to have someone fix it, and I'm sure its fairly simple.

Quickbooks does not give me the repair option, I need to find a recovery software or repair it manually.

Thank you for your help. =)

2. Rockn

Rockn

No backup I take it? I am afraid if it is corrupted and you have no backup the repair service may be your only option.

3. elysium

elysium Thread Starter

No, but my thoughts are:

what if i convert the qbw to a peachtree or other accounting software file?

I highly doubt the repair service can do more than we can, we just need to figure it out. I would love to make this available to everyone for FREE, I think the prices they are charging for the service is rediculous.

4. Rockn

Rockn

I believe qbw files are proprietary to Quick Books. You may be able to import the file into another app but I doubt you can convert it.
    Have you tried to import the qbw file into a new companny file? You may be able to recover it that way.

5. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

6. elysium

elysium Thread Starter

As far as I know I can only import IIF files. Is there a way around this?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326683

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice