1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by GriffSteven, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GriffSteven

GriffSteven Thread Starter

Hi

I am currently using Windows Mail on Windows Vista and i am getting the below error message. I have tested the content of the e mail by sending it to myself and it works fine. The only difference is that i am trying to do a mail shot and i created 2 distribution list, the fist only has a couple of e mail addresses and was able to send to that fine, but the other DL has 6,000 contacts. I was able to create the DL without any warning over "too many contacts in distribution list". But i feel this is the only difference and must be the problem, but could be very wrong.

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Get ready for theRugby 6 Nations with a selection of finest cheeses!', Account:'mail.thecheeseworks.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port:587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

Please can someone help, we are a small business and it would be great if i could send a news letter to people that have ordered from me before. Any advice would be great.
    Thanks
    Steven

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. GriffSteven

I am using gmail

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    so you have the links as to why - I added to my post

5. GriffSteven

Thanks etaf didn't see the links at first

Looks like this is the issue, now i will go and set up 12 different DL and cap each one at 500. What a pain...keep me out of trouble for a while

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    that may not work - see the link

7. GriffSteven

thanks - will have to send out over 3 days...ahhh

Is that Message or Recipients as its one message sent to 6000 in 12 different message 500 at a time. Or i will still be restricted by the messages per day cap of 2000?

8. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i think the best way would be to try and see - only issue is the first X will perhaps go before the limit is reached and so you may email someone multiple times and they wont like that - also chances are it will go into a spam filter anyway at recipitants end

9. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    also
    and

10. GriffSteven

thanks very much for the detail, i am going to have to try it and see how i get on

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085151

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice