Error on page

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hotsexychick

I have a friend that has an error message that keeps popping up. I'm not at the computer right now; all I can remember is that she has an HP, and is using Windows XP. The message is the "error on page," or "script error," or something like that. It started happening after I tried to download GIMP online, but aborted. Now she's mad as hell at me for messing up her computer. The message appears usually when you try to type or after a new page loads; it occurs about 10 times an hour. We cleaned up the hard drive and defragged just for kicks; and then we went into "internet options" and tried disabling the "script debugging." Then we went into the control panel and deleted GIMP, since it apparently loaded in spite of the attempted abort, but no luck; it still happens. I may have more detailed info on the message in a bit; I sent her an email asking for the exact message.

There must be at least one smarty-pants in here that know's how to fix this. :(

hotsexychick

where did you download gimp from was it a reputable site - or torrents

At GIMP.org. I'm not even sure that's the source of the problem; it may have been coincidental. I'll try those links you dropped. Thanks. God, I hate computers when they don't work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online