1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Ordinal 421

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dvanwinkle, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dvanwinkle

dvanwinkle Thread Starter

I keep getting this error message on my dell laptop

THE ORDINAL 421 COULD NOT BE LOCATED IN THE DYNAMIC LINK LIBRARY URLMON.DLL

please help..I dont know what happened, but I go as far as logging in but with that message keep popping up but once im logged into my account on my laptop, all i see is my desktop background but nothing on it, no icons, or no START control panel..I want to know what happened and if I can fix this Thank you!

Niece

2. virginia748

virginia748

This happend to me when I unistalled ie8, what I did was Ctrl + Alt + Sup, then from the Task manager start a new task:
    C:\WINDOWS\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe
    This uninstall replaced the urlmon.dll file and solved the issue, then I had to re-install the ie7.
    Good luck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/790994