1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Page Fault in Non Paged Area

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by purplified, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplified

purplified Thread Starter

I am currently using a not so good Advent laptop while waiting for my awesome new computer to arrive and I turned it on the other day only to be presented with a bluescreen Error Page Fault in Non Paged Area and the error code or whatever of:

0X00000050 (0XF8CEF516, 0X00000000, 0X804E5076, 0X00000000)

I have done everything can think of some of it probably not even relevant or necessary but I did it anyways...I ran a virus scan, spybot search and destroy, did a memory test using memtest 86 (which was fine, i let it run 6 times), registry cleaned and defragged (just cuz I hadn't in forever and ever).

So after all that was done my computer worked fine for a day, so things were great...until yesterday morning, when I turned it on I got the exact same thing.

Yea one more thing I should probably mention....sometimes the icons on my desktop change around like my msn icon looked the exact same as my bluetooth icon but fixed itself once rebooted...don't know if this has any relevance but I thought it worth mentioning.

When I tured the comp on today nothing would open for me, like msn messenger or internet explorer so I restarted and then my start menu task bar thing went from classic style and reverted back to XP style and when I went to properties to change it both options were for XP style (even the classic option) so I am really confused...I had to restart my comp 5 times to get it to actually let me do anything.

I think i might just cry now...my computer is sooooo not working right at all....I installed a game and well it works fine but there is no folder in program files where i installed it to....if i right click the shortcut n find target it takes me to program files into the game folder but when I go up a level the folders not really there and then i crashed a few more times and the stupid start menu task bar changed by to xp style once again and im pulling my hair out RAWR

One more thing....I ran another virus scan and it said there was a kernel32.dll change andwell i dont have a clue what that means either?

2. purplified

purplified Thread Starter

Nevemind then after 14 hours of workin at things I worked it out myself.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/586894

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice