1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Problem: Memory or Devices ???? Help needed!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bakdeveloper, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bakdeveloper

bakdeveloper Thread Starter

Recently I built a PC with a Foxconn 661FXMJ-RS (775) mobo with Intel Duo CPU 2.8GB. I use my olf RAM memory from my old dell dimension 4550 (756MB), and 2 ATA HD (250GB and 40GB). I am using the graphics adapater, nic, audio already with the mobo. I install Windows Pro and installed all MS Windows updates and ran without any problems.

Couple of days later I installed OpenOffice, Epson printer, McAfee internet security package, and an a scanner and ran well.

I turned off. The following day I start the system and the systems crashed and start itself. Give me an error 2 and prompt me with Ms Online Crash Analysis (http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp#top).

I try to restored to previous days and start the process and stops (crashed ??) and reboots without restoring to a previous date.

I reboot in safe mode with networking and the system worked well. Them I uninstall the scanner, but the system still gve me the same error. I unstalled McAfee and continued with the same error.

I follow the advise that MS Online Crash Analsysis suggested and test the memory and give a thounand errors. Them I run the same test in my other pc which run very well without errors and give me also a thousand problems.

I used additonal memory from other system that are working well but are failing with the Foxconn system. I tested the Mobo and works pretty well.

Personally I don't think is a memory issue, but I do not know everything and I need help.

My issue is that the pc (foxconn mobo) runs very well in safe mode with networking; however, when I try to run normal fails. I do not want to expend buying more memory if I don't need.

Do you have any suggestions or advise?

Thanks for the time you will take in reading my post.

Bernard

2. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble

3. bakdeveloper

bakdeveloper Thread Starter

I will do that and thanks for the advise and link.

Bernard

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/806569

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice