Error running a macro in Excel

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ammckey

I can run this macro on my own machine but when I transfer it to another computer, I get the following error: Run Time error 1004 Cannot open PivotTable source file 'headcount by area' - any ideas what's wrong??!

jimr381

Jim
Did you bring over the file that you are grabbing the pivottable data from as well?

ammckey

the data was being held in an email, so i deleted the original excel template and pasted int the new using ?application.startuppath to locate it. then i opened excel and opened up the email, the macro ran but came up with the error. I ran the same from my computer with no errors.

jimr381

Jim
Are you logged in as yourself and if not does the user have access to your account and that e-mail as well? I would dump the sourcedata into an actual file to make it easier to transport and work with as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online