1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error: side-by-side configuration is incorrect

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CuteLunatic, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CuteLunatic

CuteLunatic Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8181 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 699987 MB, Free - 355233 MB; D: Total - 15359 MB, Free - 7490 MB; J: Total - 953859 MB, Free - 17 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0N826N
    Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

Using the above system, I downloaded the trial version of PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate. After installation, I clicked on the icon to start the program, and I get this error message:

(Red X) C:\Program Fileks (x86)\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro X4\Corel PaintShop Pro.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please
    see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

This program is the ONLY ONE that comes up with the error message. My PaintShop Pro X2 Ultimate runs fine. I have tried most of the solutions found in this forum and Microsoft's with no success. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1052616

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice