1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error starting program

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sbaysharon, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sbaysharon

sbaysharon Thread Starter

I was trying to add some software to my Windows XP but I received the error starting program that read "A required .DLL file, CT.DLL, was not found." How can I restore this to my computer. Thanks:eek:

2. rebon

rebon

Try a restore point before this happened.

3. sbaysharon

sbaysharon Thread Starter

can you explain what that is and how i can do this?

Sharon

4. coachdan32

coachdan32

If you have it turned on, a restore point is created everyday and can be used to reset your computer's settings to what they were on a prior day when it was working properly. To check to see if it is turned on and/or to use a restore point, go to help and support and search for "restore point". It will give you instructions for using it. Where to find it is different depending on how you have your PC setup (XP or Classic).

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Since CT.DLL is not part of a standard Windows installation, I suspect it's part of some software package.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436345

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice