1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error starting sims2 Box with red circle and x

Discussion in 'Games' started by mdmbttrfly1, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdmbttrfly1

mdmbttrfly1 Thread Starter

Mar 23, 2007
    I have had the sims 2 now for over a year and just recently started having a really odd thing happen. I have all the expansion packs. Game has been playing fine until about a month ago, I have had to uninstall and reinstall several times to see if this will fix my error. I insert my cd into my drive and it acts like it is going to load the game but after a few secons a blue box comes up with

The Sims 2 X
    a red Circle with an X in the middle

Can someone tell me what this means and what can I do with out having to uninstall my game and start all over.
  2. Lexo

Mar 22, 2007

I have been playing TS2 since it came out and the problem may be related to the Custom Content you added. Sometimes if you add a lot at any given time, you'll need to delete the "Groups.cache" file. You can find this in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2. It's in the same directory you find your downloads folder, near the bottom. It is safe to delete this file. It will regenerate itself. I have a lot of custom content downloads and when I was initially adding things, I encountered this on several occasions. I delete it everytime I add new content, now. :D

This should work for you. I don't know that it has ever happened to people who don't use custom content, but it is possible, I suppose. I hope it works. (y)
  3. Iluvthesims

Jul 28, 2008
    That same thing is happening to me (the red x thing) but i havent ever played it on my computer before, i tried deleting that file but it didnt work. Do you have any ideas?
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/554159