Error tab in interface of Neatdesk Scanner software

lantanagal

Anyone know how to get rid of this?

The software is v 5.7 (long unsupported). Running Windows 8. Hardware is Neatdesk Scanner ND-1000. Recently reinstalled using a file downloaded from internet (no longer available from Neat Co) but this error popped up again when I repopulated the fresh install with my data file.neat screenshot error.JPG

Last edited:
First you would need the source code for that program, then someone capable of altering it in order to remove that error message from appearing there, and then recompiling it to run on windows 8 for you.

lantanagal

Thanks, SpywareDr. Realistically, they are not going to give me the source code.

I agree, which makes the job even tougher. You would now need to (probably) illegally decompile the code so it can then be altered.

Or, I suppose you could try to find someone to create a program that would keep an eye out for that particular error anywhere on the screen and then immediately hide it for you. <shrug>

lantanagal

I am replying to my own thread because through trial and error (trying to fix some other setup problems) I used Control Panel/Programs and Features, right clicked on Neat ADF Scanner to 'Repair', restarted pc, restarted Neat - hey presto, no Error tab.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online