Error - The specified service already exists

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mtnlady

Help! I have an annoying problem in Win 98. The Windows Installer window pops up several times when I'm signing on to my ISP saying "Preparing to Install". Sometimes it will pop up when I'm going into another application too. It doesn't seem to hurt anything but it's driving me nuts. I found a similar problem on the forum, downloaded a new file from Microsoft, and now I can't install it. I get an error window stating "The specified service already exists." What can I do???

Services, as such, do not exist in primitive OS's like Win98. Be sure that the programs you have downloaded and tried to install are meant for Win98 and not NT, 2000, or XP.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online