1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error: The system cannot find the path specified

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Breezer222, Dec 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Breezer222

Breezer222 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I'm trying to install a simple program, but when I click to install, I received this error message: The system cannot find the path specified.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Donna

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  3. Johnny-be-Good

Johnny-be-Good

First Name:
    John
    Hi Donna :)

Since you had edited the registry in an effort to delete software not uninstallable, I think it's most likely a registry issue.
    And it's my opinion it's going to take a 'system restore' or a re-install of your operating system to fix that.

4. Breezer222

Breezer222 Thread Starter

Thanks Johnny. :) The only thing I removed from the registry was IE8, which evidently didn't effect the downloading/installing of IE11. Actually, I got the same error message before I deleted IE8 from the registry. I'm going to order a refurbished computer w/ XP just to use for my artwork, and use Win7Pro for everything else.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1201275

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice