Error: Too many messages to download - Pop3

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

therichlewis

I have an email account in a hosted domain, connected to my gmail as an additional account. Gmail is giving me the following error

"Error: Too many messages to download. Mail from this account has not been retrieved since 15 Jul. View details"

I cannot contact the system admin for my hosted domain and this associated email account but I get the feeling my inbox has reached a limit and needs clearing down. I have cleared my gmail so lots of space to download my emails via pop3

Hoping I have described this correctly!

Couriant

James
Do you have the account details? If so, then I would hope you can access the account on the original server

therichlewis

Do you have the account details? If so, then I would hope you can access the account on the original server
Thanks I have the email address, password and name of the server but I don't know how to use to access webmail to access my overload of emails.

Couriant

James
You may be able to access the webmail by typing the server email address in a browser.

therichlewis

Thanks, yes tried various methods for doing that but just can’t reach it. The domain is still active and all registered. I guess all I can do is hope the system admin comes back to me. It’s my main email address so I’m screwed without it but just doesn’t seem anyway to access the build up of emails. Really appreciate you sending suggestions so please fire away if you have any others!

Couriant

James
When the email was set up, was there any indication of webmail access?

Couriant

James
Another thought you could do is to uncheck the box that will leave the emails in your account, however that would prevent any other devices from receiving the emails. I haven't done this in a long time so I don't know if it's an option you can change, or you will need to remove the email and add it back in with the Leave Messages on Server unchecked.

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
As you’re using pop & not imap then you most likely will have to log onto the account & clear your inbox &/or deleted items/trash folder.
You should have C-Panel access to the domain where you can log in & access website/email settings for the account.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online