1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error: Unable to load btrez.dll ...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by michaelsch, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. michaelsch

michaelsch Thread Starter

Hi,

I have used Registry Cleaner to clean my Windows XP registry. After having removed invalid file extensions I suddently get many pop-up windows with the error "Unable to load btrez.dll, DANISH".

The file btrez.dll has not been removed. It is some bluetooth driver - don't know to which device.

What can I do about that - except for role-back of my registry (but that was not the point of using a registry cleaner).?

Michael

2. cmw2010

cmw2010

I am guessing this is a laptop with bluetooth. Registry cleaner has been known to remove some extensions that cause bluetooth problems. I would go to the computer manufacturer website and update your bluetooth drivers.

3. michaelsch

michaelsch Thread Starter

Yes, this is also what I discovered. Registry Cleaner unfortunately removes some .wid file extensions that are used by the laptop to run bluetooth.

I updated my bluetooth drivers and software from IBM's website and now it works again. But Registry Cleaner still tries to remove this 3 .wid file extensions, which is quite annoying. I manually have to deselect them every time.

Thanks.

4. cmw2010

cmw2010

That is why I don't use Registry Cleaners, they seem to cause more harm than good at times. To many file extensions that are the same in totally different programs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542817

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice