1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error when adding a printer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Yaaya45, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Yaaya45

Yaaya45 Thread Starter

:confused: I was recently messing with my comp. and after I fixed a problem I'd been having my printer stuff died.
    When I'm trying to print stuff it says I have to add a printer and when I click add printer in the printers and faxes place on the start menu it says "opperation could not be completed". I tried installing the drivers again but when it searches for a printer to know wich port to connect to it just sits their for a while and it doesn't find one. This is magerly anoying me plz help.

Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack1

2. norton850

norton850

I probably had more problems installing and reinstalling my printer than any other piece of hardware. Is your printer missing in the Printers section? Also go into device manager and see if the printer is listed. Look for any problems. Make sure the cable connection between the printer and computer is secure.

What problem did you just fix, what is the make and model of your printer, USB or not?

3. Yaaya45

Yaaya45 Thread Starter

My printer doesn't appear in the device manager or in the printers section, yes my printer is connected to my comp. and the connection is a USB connection. The problem I recently fixed was a internet connection/network connection problem and the problem was it had to search for the connection with my routers own software not windows, so I hade to unclick the have windows search for the connection box.

Its an Epson Stylus Color 880

When I first got WinXP the drivers for my printer wouldn't work on XP so I had to download some that did and its worked with the drivers I downloaded for a while now.

Again Plz help this is really anoying

4. Old Rich

Old Rich

Have you tried reinstalling the printer drivers?

wrs

5. norton850

norton850

Try disconnecting the USB cable, reconnect it and then see if you can install the printer.

6. Yaaya45

Yaaya45 Thread Starter

Yes I tried installing the printer drivers

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!