1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error when converting .avi to .mpg using TMPGEncoder, any other good programs?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Stiltzkin, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stiltzkin

Stiltzkin Thread Starter

I am trying to convert .dat movie files from PAL to NTSC and I first used VCDGear to convert the .dat files to .avi, then I was going to use TMPGencoder to convert those to .mpg and then convert them from PAL to NTSC, but TMPGencoder has a problem with some of the files, saying "File cannot open or unsupported", while some of the .MPGs work just fine. All of these files come from the same VCD. Is it the files' faults, or the program's? Is there another reliable program that can convert .avi to .mpg in batches? (These are a lot of files, so I would need bath operations) Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Try "EO Video" you can try it for 30 days. Or if your one of us BAD people you can "crack" it and have it forever.

I never had a problem with it, and you can adjust alot of settings.
    My friend uses it to make VCD's from .avi files he get off "winmx".:D

3. Stiltzkin

Stiltzkin Thread Starter

This looks like it's working! Thanks, I'm in the middle of a batch, and It's gotten past what TMPGEncoder couldn't do, so I assume it will finish. I'll post back if it doesnt work.

4. Stiltzkin

Stiltzkin Thread Starter

Well, it converted all the files to .mpg succesfully, but the same files that TMPGEncoder didn't like before are the ones that it still doesn't like now, even in the converted to .mpg format. I am trying to convert these PAL .mpg files to NTSC, but TMPGEncoder just won't except a lot of the files. Any suggestions?

5. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Well I'm not familiar with TMPGEncoder, but I'm certain that EO Video has both options for making NTSC and PAL.

I've uninstalled it so I can't look at the moment, but look at all the settings, I think it in the VCD option it then asks for PAL or NTSC..... I think.

Read the help file and look at all the settings.
    Also if you still have the unregistered trial it might not let you use all the options.

EO Video should be able to handle all you need.

Just my 3 cents worth.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice