1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error when Refreshing

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by robaldo, Apr 8, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. robaldo

robaldo Thread Starter

see the attached screenshot.

Everytime i refresh a page on the forum, the the page goes all funny.

:(

Attached Files:

2. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

I've had that quite a few times not even using refresh. :) Take care. angel

3. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Unfortunately, I'm at a location where I can't see your attachments, but will look a bit later tonight -- can you give me some more information in the mean time? (Browser, Operating System, etc?)

4. chalky

chalky

5. robaldo

robaldo Thread Starter

im on Windows 98se, Internet Explorer 6, Dial up Internet

6. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    If it only happens once in a while, it's probably when I'm updating the code. ;) If it happens every time, it's probably some program you have that's messing with the code -- like your adbar, for example. Try disabling and see what it does. Let me know!

7. robaldo

robaldo Thread Starter

I disabled the bar and it didnt make a difference

8. hewee

hewee

I have not evern seen anything like that but twice I have see a page up saying server was busy.
    I post about that to you late night Mike and I seen it again today.
    But you was doing things and you had that small banner at the top saying errors ok or what ever it said. :p

9. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

I get that on Win 2K SP4 with IE 5.5.4134.0600

10. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Does it only happen when you refresh, Dave? If so, what do you and Rob have in common that no one else (apparently) does... different browser and operating system... do either of you have firewall software? Even so, I'd expect it to cause that trouble ALL the time, not just when you refresh. What would be happening different when you refresh rather than when you load the page... Does it happen to either of you when you CTRL+F5?

11. DaveBurnett

CTRL F5 does it. The other time is usually when going "back" to the index after having posted.

Also this page I'm typing at is extremely wide.

12. DaveBurnett

It appears to be displaying the code rather than running it:

bV = parseInt(navigator.appVersion); var base='http://www.burstnet.com/'; var Tv=''; var Itr=''; var sz=''; var bkgd=''; var bgc=''; var vr='v=1.1J'; var agt=navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase(); if (sizes.length!=0) {sz='/sz='+sizes;} else {sz='';} if (bgcolor.length!=0) {bgc='/zg' + bgcolor;} else {bgc='';} if (background.length!=0) {bkgd='/bgi='+(escape(escape(background))).replace(/\//gi,'%252F');} else {bkgd='';} if (bV>=4) { ts=window.location.pathname+window.location.search; i=0; Tv=0; while (i< ts.length) { Tv=Tv+ts.charCodeAt(i); i=i+1; } Tv="/"+Tv; } else {Tv=escape(window.location.pathname); if( Tv.charAt(0)!='/' ) Tv="/"+Tv; else if (Tv.charAt(1)=="/") Tv=""; if( Tv.charAt(Tv.length-1) == "/") Tv = Tv + "_"; } var fCode=''; var fCodeEnd = ''; if ((adcode.charAt(0)=="a")&&(intrusive=="1")) { Itr=''; } if (agt.indexOf("mac")==-1) { document.write(fCode+gCode+fCodeEnd+Itr); } else { document.write(gCode); } } //-->

13. chalky

chalky

I think the page is wide because of the size of the screen shot above...I went back and resized mine in another post...page went back to normal...

14. robaldo

robaldo Thread Starter

using CTRL and F5 still does the same with me aswell

15. robaldo

robaldo Thread Starter

i also have no firewall software installed.

i also did a virus check and a search with spybot s&d and got rid of everything that gave me so i dont know what it could be

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!