Error when Refreshing

robaldo

see the attached screenshot.

Everytime i refresh a page on the forum, the the page goes all funny.

:(

Attachments

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
I've had that quite a few times not even using refresh. :) Take care. angel

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Unfortunately, I'm at a location where I can't see your attachments, but will look a bit later tonight -- can you give me some more information in the mean time? (Browser, Operating System, etc?)

robaldo

im on Windows 98se, Internet Explorer 6, Dial up Internet

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
If it only happens once in a while, it's probably when I'm updating the code. ;) If it happens every time, it's probably some program you have that's messing with the code -- like your adbar, for example. Try disabling and see what it does. Let me know!

I have not evern seen anything like that but twice I have see a page up saying server was busy.
I post about that to you late night Mike and I seen it again today.
But you was doing things and you had that small banner at the top saying errors ok or what ever it said. :p

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Does it only happen when you refresh, Dave? If so, what do you and Rob have in common that no one else (apparently) does... different browser and operating system... do either of you have firewall software? Even so, I'd expect it to cause that trouble ALL the time, not just when you refresh. What would be happening different when you refresh rather than when you load the page... Does it happen to either of you when you CTRL+F5?

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
CTRL F5 does it. The other time is usually when going "back" to the index after having posted.

Also this page I'm typing at is extremely wide.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
It appears to be displaying the code rather than running it:

bV = parseInt(navigator.appVersion); var base='http://www.burstnet.com/'; var Tv=''; var Itr=''; var sz=''; var bkgd=''; var bgc=''; var vr='v=1.1J'; var agt=navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase(); if (sizes.length!=0) {sz='/sz='+sizes;} else {sz='';} if (bgcolor.length!=0) {bgc='/zg' + bgcolor;} else {bgc='';} if (background.length!=0) {bkgd='/bgi='+(escape(escape(background))).replace(/\//gi,'%252F');} else {bkgd='';} if (bV>=4) { ts=window.location.pathname+window.location.search; i=0; Tv=0; while (i< ts.length) { Tv=Tv+ts.charCodeAt(i); i=i+1; } Tv="/"+Tv; } else {Tv=escape(window.location.pathname); if( Tv.charAt(0)!='/' ) Tv="/"+Tv; else if (Tv.charAt(1)=="/") Tv=""; if( Tv.charAt(Tv.length-1) == "/") Tv = Tv + "_"; } var fCode=''; var fCodeEnd = ''; if ((adcode.charAt(0)=="a")&&(intrusive=="1")) { Itr=''; } if (agt.indexOf("mac")==-1) { document.write(fCode+gCode+fCodeEnd+Itr); } else { document.write(gCode); } } //-->

DaveBurnett said:
Also this page I'm typing at is extremely wide.
I think the page is wide because of the size of the screen shot above...I went back and resized mine in another post...page went back to normal...

robaldo

i also have no firewall software installed.

i also did a virus check and a search with spybot s&d and got rid of everything that gave me so i dont know what it could be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online