1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error when reinstalling XP Home

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jpstaff, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jpstaff

jpstaff Thread Starter

I attempted to clean install XP Home(media centre edition) using the master disks following the instructions. When i got to disk 5 an error occured "run time error r6003 integer divide by 0". The computer hangs and i cannot complete the reinstallation. When i turn my computer back on it is in DOS.

My PC is a Packard Bell i media 2559 using XP Home

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. ODIN 0ERO

ODIN 0ERO Guest

what kind of "master disks" are you reffering to?

WINDOWS XP comes on a INSTALATION CD in my knoweledge.

do you have the WINDOWS INSTALATION CD?

3. jpstaff

jpstaff Thread Starter

My PC came with XP pre installed and the very first time you use it, it instructs you to create master disks (6 in total). These contain all the default factory settings including XP.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I would suspect a damaged or corrupt disk. Can you recreate the one that is causing the problem? You may have to order it if they are available, and recreating them is not possible. Either that or find yourself a copy of XP on CD.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!