Error when starting Office Apps

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ptilol

Whenever I open Word or another Office Application it says "Please wait while Windows Configures Microsoft Office XP Professional with Front Page" Then is says "Error 1706. Setup cannot find the required files. Check your connection to the network, or CD-ROM drive. For other potential solutions to this problem see C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\1033\SETUP.HLP."

Then I click OK and it opens Word, but it opens 4 Words. Word works fine, but I don't see why it is doing this. I checked setup.hlp and it didn't help me.

It seems that some part of the Office suite is not installed.

The easiest solution may be to insert the Office CD and install all options to be run from the computer. Its likely that something is presently selected as "run from the CD"

I am not able to access MS EXCEL files on my laptop. I am able to access WORD files. I get a message that "Please wait while windows configures Microsoft office XP professional with front page" and then "The feature you are trying to use on a network is unavailable". Please help. Thank you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts