1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error while installing drivers for printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by puckducker, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. puckducker

puckducker Thread Starter

Hey guys, hope you can help me out of a bind.

Bought a new wireless printer (HP Deskjet 3050) for use with my home network. Installed without flaw on my Windows 7 machine, and the printer has no issue connecting to my router.

However, I cannot for the life of me get the drivers installed on my Vista 32 laptop. Each time I try the process is halted with windows posting an error:

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

The syntax of the INF is invalid"

I cannot figure out how to get around this. I have downloaded the latest drivers from HP's website, but received the same error. Any thoughts on how I might be able to fix this?

2. Megabite

Megabite

Are you trying to install just the drivers or the complete Software?

Have you tried turn off any Anti Virus software

3. puckducker

Just trying to install the drivers

I turned windows firewall off, but I haven't tried turning AVG off (don't believe there is any other anti-virus software on the machine)

4. Megabite

Megabite

Tried right clicking the Installer and choosing Run as Administrator and of course you got the vista one

5. puckducker

Yeah, I have the vista drivers.

I can't seem to deactivate any of AVG, any idea's of how to do that?

Another clue to the puzzle, my girlfriend mentioned (this is her laptop) that it has always had problems adding printers, and that she could not install the printer at her previous home either. Perhaps this is more an issue with windows?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973036

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice