1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error: Windows - No Disk and more

Discussion in 'General Security' started by nodisk, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nodisk

nodisk Thread Starter

Greetings!

This problem is on a Gateway Model GM5420 running Windows Vista Home Premium edition. Just went to the System Properties page for a little more info on this machine and got a message that there was an unexpected error in the property page. The Volume Shadow Copy service used by System Restore is not working. For more information view the Event Log. (0x81000202). Please close the property page and try again.

I was directed to this site at the suggestion of the techs with the HP customer service site. Firstly, I was receiving a pesky on screen error message with the heading Windows - No Disk that would ony disappear after cliking the close button for forty or fifty times. The error message read as follows: "Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters 0x75BA92A0 0x00000004 0x75BA92A0 0x75BA92A0." There were three choices at the bottom: Cancel Try Again and Continue. Now none of the choices were functional. Just a loud "BONG" when choosing any of them.

OK. That was the problem that motivated me to seek out Tech Support. Now I have received messages that the Windows firewall of the Security Center is not working. I had disabled it when trying to install the Windows Mobile Device Center for my HP 211 (hence the contact with HP). Later, I went to the security center and tried to turn the firewall back on but of no avail. I tried to turn it on manually as per the windows instructions and still no avail.

My anti-virus is Trend Micro's Security Center. It has also been disabled and is non-responsive. Attention was drawn there since it would not complete a virus scan after running for over 12 hours. It would normally complete a scan in about an hour at the longest. I thought about reinstalling it but I'm afraid there is a Trojan horse lurking about somewhere in the wings.

I have also received the message for two days now that the computer was unable to run a backup as scheduled.

In addtion, the printer has been disassociated from the PC - or so it appears since there aren't any printers showing in the Control Panel.

I hope this information will be enough to start a search for the culprit. If it should get to a reformat, please help me save my information first.

My mediocrity of experience owes a big "Thanks" to those reading this who are definitely more experienced. :) Now I'll wait and pray that my email and browser privileges don't fail!

Mel (nodisk)

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Reverse your last change to the system, if that is when you started having all this trouble. Did all this start happening after you installed "Windows Mobile Device Center" ? Then remove it and see.

After that, if it is still misbehaving, try using System Restore to restore to a previous date before all your troubles.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759613

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice