1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error writing to USB001

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slick, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. slick

slick Thread Starter

I have a HP Deskjet 5150 printer and it works fine until I shut down the computer. When I turn it off and the back on and attempt to print, I get the following error: 'ERROR WRINTING TO USB001 DATA ERROR(CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK)' and doesn't print. I have to uninstall the printer, go into the registry, delete the usbprint key, and then reinstall everything again like I'm doing it for the first time and then it works again until I turn it off. Why is this happening? Is there something I can do to fix this? I'm running win98 second edition on a PII 350 with 256 RAM. This is driving me crazy...Please Help

2. mobo

mobo

Navigate to start / run and type msconfig and go to the startup tab. Check to see that print spooler is checked.

3. slick

slick Thread Starter

I don't have that setting but what I do have that has to do with my printer is HPDJ task utility, HP software update, and HP component manager but no print spooler..Anything else I can try?

4. mobo

mobo

Completely uninstall the printer..every last bit then reboot without it and again verify its gone. The shutdown, hook it up and reboot windows then install the latest drivers form the manufacturer.

5. mobo

mobo

You may also want to look for drivers for usb support from the mobo manuffacturer.

6. slick

slick Thread Starter

I don't have that setting but what I do have that has to do with my printer is HPDJ task utility, HP software update, and HP component manager but no print spooler..Anything else I can try?

7. mobo

mobo

The print spooler is the connection link between the pc and the printer and it has to be functioning to tell the printer to print and what to print

8. slick

slick Thread Starter

I have done all that and it works just fine until I shut the machine down. Then on the next reboot it won't print. Ever heard of anything like that?

9. mobo

mobo

Not really..

10. slick

slick Thread Starter

This makes no sense but if I unplug the printer from its power and then reboot the computer then plug the printer back into the wall, it still works. If I keep it pluged in to the wall and reboot, it will not work. Do you think my printer is defective or is it something else. My printer is a HP deskjet 5150

11. mobo

mobo

Essentially what your doing is rebooting the printer so perhaps it is something with the printer..Do you have any other usb ports to try ?

12. slick

slick Thread Starter

Yes, and it does the same thing. I'm going to talk to someone from HP and see if they can tell me anything...

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172946

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice