1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by deepee45, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deepee45

deepee45 Thread Starter

windows\system32\chkdsk error msg
    I was told to chkdsk for an error (from a program I have since deleted - Mozilla Firefox). I actually responded to the question "y" but it doesnt seem to get me anywhere.
    The error apparently is in Documents and settings\Judy\Application Data\Mozilla\firefox\profiles\gkentyre.default
    The error msg reads
    The type of the file system is FAT32
    Volume Serial Number is xxxxxx
    Windows is verifying files and folders...
    Windows found errors on the disk, but will not fix them
    because disk checking was run without the /F (fix) parameter.
    Unrecoverable error in folder \FTW\XXXX.TEMP.
    Convert folder to file (y/n)?

Any suggestions please? (dont get too technical tho !)
    Thanx n regds

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Im going to take a wild guess that either the operating system is corrupted somehow or that you might possibly have a failing hard drive.whenever chkdsk is mentioned my first thought is that the drive has damaged sectors and that if enough are damaged the drive will fail and that a replacement is in order and until then the computer is certainly not going to work right.i had to fix my sons computer because it blue screened with a message about chkdsk and some other codes. as soon as i replaced the hard drive which was 5 years old it has apparently solved the problem.hopefully all you will need to do is replace the hard drive and go from there.if that doesnt work it could also be some kind of weird virus and in that case you will have to ask a moderator for further help as im not an expert nor can i give advice about virus and malware removal.

3. deepee45

deepee45 Thread Starter

windows\system32\chkdsk error msg
    I was told to chkdsk for an error (from a program I have since deleted - Mozilla Firefox). I actually responded to the question "y" but it doesnt seem to get me anywhere.
    The error apparently is in Documents and settings\Judy\Application Data\Mozilla\firefox\profiles\gkentyre.default
    The error msg reads
    The type of the file system is FAT32
    Volume Serial Number is xxxxxx
    Windows is verifying files and folders...
    Windows found errors on the disk, but will not fix them
    because disk checking was run without the /F (fix) parameter.
    Unrecoverable error in folder \FTW\XXXX.TEMP.
    Convert folder to file (y/n)?

Any suggestions please? (dont get too technical tho !)
    Thanx n regds
    Dee[ee

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084827

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice