error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sipapu

Checking out my WIN98 loaded computer using Norton's Utilities. Got a problem regarding a missing file it said it could not fix. Before I back up the hard disc it would be nce to clear this up (see below). Can you help?

In case the attachment doesn't show I decided to write it out:
Missing File: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\UninstallShield\Profssional\RunTime\0700\Intel32\DotNetInstaller.exe" cannot access a necessary file, "mscoree.dll"

Please Download and install SpyBot,

http://security.kolla.de/

click the online tab to search for and download the updates, then shut down and relaunch SpyBot.

Go to the Settings tab > File Sets, and uncheck 'System Internals' and 'Tracks' .
These aren't needed for our present purpose, and you can always experiment with them later on.

Finally, after closing down Internet Explorer, click 'Check for problems', and have SpyBot remove all it finds 'Fix selected problems'

you may have to run spybot more than once to clear everything

Remove everything pre-ticked in Red

This thread should help you

http://forums.techguy.org/t98890/s4b145537fc3ef80b3393a6e83020ea1f.html

steam

It looks like at one time you had New Dot Net and it was removed. Since New.net is spyware, it's no great loss. The fact that it's missing is good.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online