error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

emmyton

i keep getting a message up on my pc telling me a virus on pc it is always in C:/WINDOWS/system32/_t.exe. How can i find this on my pc and can i delete it safely. :confused:

What is the exact error?

What is the name of the virus you have on your PC?

Update your virus checker to the latest version, reboot your machine and when it is starting back up and says "Verifying DMA Pool Data...." press F8 to get to the boot menu.

Select Safe Mode from the menu and go into windows, this will start windows in a very basic form, so everything will look a little bit screwed, but dont worry this is normal.

Now run a full virus scan and it should remove it. If not come back and I/we will help further.

emmyton

how do i put it safe mode .. the virus i keepgetting is trojan dialer and trojan downloader :confused:

Hi,
To get to safe mode, reboot the PC and then start tapping the F8 key repeatedly before the Windows XP logo appears, when done correctly you should see a menu giving you options to start in "Safe mode", "Safe mode with networking"...etc.

The_KiD said:
Reboot your machine and when it is starting back up and says "Verifying DMA Pool Data...." press F8 to get to the boot menu.

Select Safe Mode from the menu and go into windows, this will start windows in a very basic form, so everything will look a little bit screwed, but dont worry this is normal.
:eek:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online