1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by emmyton, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. emmyton

emmyton Thread Starter

i keep getting a message up on my pc telling me a virus on pc it is always in C:/WINDOWS/system32/_t.exe. How can i find this on my pc and can i delete it safely. :confused:

2. Techmonkeys

Techmonkeys

What is the exact error?

What is the name of the virus you have on your PC?

Update your virus checker to the latest version, reboot your machine and when it is starting back up and says "Verifying DMA Pool Data...." press F8 to get to the boot menu.

Select Safe Mode from the menu and go into windows, this will start windows in a very basic form, so everything will look a little bit screwed, but dont worry this is normal.

Now run a full virus scan and it should remove it. If not come back and I/we will help further.

3. emmyton

emmyton Thread Starter

how do i put it safe mode .. the virus i keepgetting is trojan dialer and trojan downloader :confused:

4. n7Epsilon

n7Epsilon

Hi,
    To get to safe mode, reboot the PC and then start tapping the F8 key repeatedly before the Windows XP logo appears, when done correctly you should see a menu giving you options to start in "Safe mode", "Safe mode with networking"...etc.

5. Techmonkeys

Techmonkeys

:eek:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329223

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice