1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by shadow1988, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shadow1988

shadow1988 Thread Starter

hello.
    I have a Windows XP and when I try to run a setup for some programs the following message appears:
    error loading c:\docume~1\admini~1\locals~1\temp\95 temp
    invalid access to memory location.
    what is the solution to my problem? I tried reinstalling my windows but the problem reappears

2. firestormer

firestormer

Can you please give us some info about the programs you are trying to install.

And can you also tell me wheather or not you have admin rights.

3. shadow1988

i am the owner of the PC so I have administrator rights.I am trying to install some drivers and other programs like that.can you help me please?

4. firestormer

firestormer

OK.

The directory c:\docume~1\admini~1\locals~1\temp\95 temp dosnt exist by default on windows XP so therefore it must be the product of another program.

I suggest that you create the directory as stated in the error (Note Administrator acount will already exist it may be hiden.) See if it works then.

Without more information about what you are trying to install i cant realy give you any more help.

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Anything in that temp folder is generally safe to delete, so it's interesting that your computer wants to access that area.

Try rebooting the computer, and then go to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp, and delete all the files there.

As a side note, you should not be using the Administrator account as your primary account. You should create another account that you use. You can give it administrator rights. By using the Administrator account, you subject it to corruption that isn't easily fixed.

6. shadow1988

firestormer -> there are some files in the temp directory named like in the error.those files are created when the error appears.
    DoubleHelix -> i tried deleting all the files in the temp folder and the error still appears.
    the funny thing is that just some setup files have this problem.i recently changed my processor and the motherboard and i had to reinstall windows.before the change everything was allright.

7. firestormer

firestormer

OK what are these setup files?

Are they for an indervidual program. Are they part of the OS . Are they to install drivers. Are any of them from microsoft. Are none of them from microsoft.?????

Give us some help here.

8. shadow1988

some of them are nvidia drivers.and the rest are setup files for programs like bsplayer,the offcial patch for fifa 07,and many others.please can you help me? i need to install those programs and i don't have any ideas how can i do that because of that stupid error

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535945

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice