1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by bbfan2008, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bbfan2008

bbfan2008 Thread Starter

hi i would like some advice please,im having trouble with a software downloading,i would like to download
    HIGH QUALITY PHOTO RESIZER,and i get a error saying it as failed bcause of DLL/OCX:REGSVR32 AND ALSO SAYING FAILED WITH EXIT CODE OX3,
    IM NEW TO WINDOWS VISTA BASIC,BCAUSE I HAVE JUST BOUGHT THIS LAPTOP WITH IT ON,
    can u help please.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Are you getting this message when downloading or installing?
    If installing, try right clicking the downloaded file and select "Run as Administrator".

3. bbfan2008

bbfan2008 Thread Starter

thank you dave i will try and do that then,if not i will be back to u,it goes all the way to installing it then it says that error.

4. bbfan2008

bbfan2008 Thread Starter

dave,i go to download on its website then it goes to do i run or save the file when i do run it it says publisher could not be verified then it says do i want to run it and i click run then the wizard comes up then i take it from there then it says the folder i want to put it in then its registering files thats when it wont go any further,the error comes up,so whats next do i do.

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Save the file to your hard drive and remember where and what the files name is. The right click the saved file and select the "Run As Administrator".
    Let us know what is difference when you try to install the program this way!

6. bbfan2008

bbfan2008 Thread Starter

thank you u so much,for helping me,:),i know where to come now when i have probs with windows vista.

7. bbfan2008

bbfan2008 Thread Starter

i found it so easy this way,i really appriecate u for this help,just couldnt believe hoe easy it was just by clicking the right buttons.

8. bbfan2008

bbfan2008 Thread Starter

sorry i thought it had,i done what u said downloaded it to my files on hard drive,i done what u said and it saved an icon on my desktop and i click on it to resize my pics and it said there is a problem with the program,
    i still appreicated ur help,but now i dont know what to do.

9. bbfan2008

bbfan2008 Thread Starter

ok,i did what u said and it didnt do it,so i thought i would do it again, iv just tried to download it again,and when it goes to setup i install it, then the program files/High Quality Photo Resizer/xwpdlx20.ocx,thats the error underneath the 1 i gave u b4 when it doesnt work.so running it with the run administrater still doesnt work.so now im stuck what to do next.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!