Errorlevel is 100

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bandmama

I have a Packard Bell with 95 Windows. I was doing a recover/ restore. When I try to install Windows, I get a UNABLE TO DETERMINE CDROM DRIVE and ERRORLEVEL IS 100 message. Can anyone help me?

Don't have much to offer other than the fact that errorlevel 100 is just a batch file paramater being returned and has little to do with the actualy WINDOWS installation/recovery. Was the CD Rom working proir to trying to do the recovery??? Do you have a boot disk with CD capabality?? if not download one here BOOTDISK. Try to boot with it to CD support and see if you can get your cd rom working first

BTW Welcome to the Forum!!!

bandmama

Well... I tried it. It just says"Please remove disk or other media from drive. Press any button to restart." I made a Win95 disk,Win98 disk, and a Dos 5.0 disk. None of them worked.
BTW- Thanks, Jack.

IMM

Is this an HP which has a recovery disk which needs to have the drive letter set as M: ? (this is normally done by the floppy which comes with the disk)

Some of those recovery disks which require a fixed drive letter are bootable - try entering the bios and changing the boot order to CDROM first - then booting from the recovery CD with the floppy drive empty.

bandmama

OK...that didn't work. It's a Packard Bell 396 Platinum X with Windows 95. Any more ideas anyone?Please?

I am having the exact same problem. I've just cleaned out my computer and was attempting to reinstall Windows 95. I got as far as the Navigator section when my computer froze. I restarted and now I receive the exact same message. Let me know if you have any new ideas.
Thanks,
Denise:eek:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online