Errors 1935/2908 appear when Visual Basic 2008/2010 (Any Version) is being installed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MrProgrammers

Hi, [please read all :eek: )
I wanted to download and install Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 or 2008 (any edition). All the files are downloaded successfully in the installer, but when it comes to the installing part, it fails and shows me these 2 errors: 1935 and 2908. I have read in some articles where they say that we have to modify/delete or update the mscoree.dll file but I don't know how to do it, please tell me how can I do it. Other than this, some articles say to delete or modify a registry key. I have .NET Framework 4 installed on my Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit) computer. I tried to uninstall the .NET Framework 4, then reinstalled it again but the errors aren't gone. I know that the mscoree.dll file's version should be updated according to the version of the .NET Framework, but I don't know how to do it.

Info:

• Windows 7 Ultimate
  • 32 - bit
  • 1518 MB RAM
  • .NET Framework 4 Installed.

Please show me how to modify/delete/change or update the registry key or the mscoree.dll file.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Is this the Express Edition of VB.NET? The versions (Pro and above) require a license and are not free downloads.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online