1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Errors after installing Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by alexwashere, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alexwashere

alexwashere Thread Starter

Hey guys,
    I've been so frustrated with my laptop for ages and my friend helped upgrade it to Windows 7 for me and now it's messing up :(

The wireless connection won't work and the sounds comes and goes and I have no idea how to fix it.

All I know is that it's a Lenovo laptop and I purchased it back in 2007.

Can anyone offer me assistance? Unfortunately, I don't know much about computers but hopefully I can get more information about the problems!

2. w7pro

w7pro

A couple things: you might want to see if the switch for your wifi connection is on. Following that, you can go into your control panel and see if your wireless device is added to the options of possible networks.

-- Ryan
    Windows Outreach Team

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do you have the installation media?

Can you explain how the "upgrade" was done? Was it a new installation of Windows 7 or was an actual upgrade disk used (and your files, settings, and programs saved)?

4. alexwashere

alexwashere Thread Starter

It was a custom upgrade :)

Sorry, that's what I mean.
    Even when I switch the wireless on, my wireless isn't turned on. Normally, there's a red light that comes on when I switch the wireless on and then I have to turn it on via my keyboard like Fn+F4 or something and then a purple light would come on and then I'd be able to find my connection but now, even when I switch the wireless on, the red light won't even come on.

Sometimes, miraculously, it will turn on and I'd be able to find my connection, but I have no idea how to fix it and I really need it fixed.

Also, I should have an audio driver because I have the speaker on my Taskbar and it's not muted and when I play something, I can see see the speaker icon reacting (as in, it has that green bar that goes up and down according to how loud something is playing). There's nothing plugged into the headphone jack and even when at full volume, I can't hear anything.

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice