1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error's in event viewer and HD won't stop running

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by MowermanEd, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MowermanEd

MowermanEd Thread Starter

I'm seeing my HD light stay on continuously and I'm getting all these errors in Event Viewer
    saying "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort0." I'm also getting Event viewer saying that:

"Log Name: Application
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Search
    Date: 2/7/2007 10:37:59 AM
    Event ID: 3032
    Task Category: Gatherer
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: Desktop
    Description:
    A document ID cannot be freed.

Context: Windows Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:
    The content index server cannot update or access information because of a database error. Stop and restart the search service. If the problem persists, reset and recrawl the content index. In some cases it may be necessary to delete and recreate the content index. (0x8004117f)

Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Search" Guid="{CA4E628D-8567-4896-AB6B-835B221F373F}" EventSourceName="Windows Search Service" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">3032</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>3</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2007-02-07T15:37:59.000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>2129</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Desktop</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="ExtraInfo">

Context: Windows Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:
    The content index server cannot update or access information because of a database error. Stop and restart the search service. If the problem persists, reset and recrawl the content index. In some cases it may be necessary to delete and recreate the content index. (0x8004117f)
    </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

I DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT TO DO, HELP!!!

Edit: Opps, I forgot to mention I have Vista Business, and other than this problem everything seems to be running just fine.

Attached Files:

2. downtime

downtime

That suggests an error on either the motherboard ide controller or whatever device is connected to it. Is it an ide or sata hard drive, new machine, what motherboard? Try running checkdisk. In Windows Explorer, right click on the C: drive, properties, tools tab, check now, continue, uncheck automatically fix errors, start.

3. MowermanEd

Chkdsk says that all 3 of my primary drives and 1 logical drive are OK. MB is an Asus A8V Deluxe that's about 8 months old. Any other ideas?

4. downtime

downtime

Good, but what's connected to the primary ide controller? There are primary drives and primary partitions. You can have a primary partition without it being connected to the primary controller. If all the drives are sata, then it's a cd or dvdrom connected to the primary ide controller. XP reported errors on the controller when sometimes it was only errors on a cd or dvd in the drive.

5. MowermanEd

My CD/DVD burner is attached as the slave on my C drive but it seems to be working perfectly. All of my drives are ide, no SATA's on this machine.

What about my other problem:

Details:

I believe that this is the reason my drive is constantly running. How do I stop and restart the search service?

6. downtime

downtime

7. MowermanEd

Well, I've about had it with this motherboard. I'm going to assume that that is where the trouble is coming from. It's only 8 months old but has given me problems on and off since I first got it. What sort of problems you ask. One, I have 2 portable drive bays so I can remove the drives after shutdown and quickly switch C: drives. Every time I do that the motherboard "speaks out" to me and say's "system failed CPU test" until I reset the cmos which is a pain. It's done this since it was new and tech support has no explanation for it. My 3 hard drives are over 3 years old so I feel I'm on borrowed time with them too. I intend to get a new MB, 2 larger SATA drives and another Gig of memory. Now my worry is will I have problems with Microsoft and activation? I've had Vista Business since Jan 30th and it will only be Feb 15th or 16th when the new MB, drives and memory arrive. What sort of problems will they give me, anyone know?

8. downtime

downtime

I had the problem of a yakkin mobo with that message on an Aopen board. What I did was disconnect all the usb, firewire, and unused hardware and the problem disappeared. I've still never reconnected anything that I didn't absolutely need and it's still running fine right now, 2 years later. If you go to the site of the hard drive manufacturer and get their diagnostic software, and it says the hard drive is fine, then yes, it's the mobo.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542416

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice