1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

errors on windows install

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chewie1012, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewie1012

chewie1012 Thread Starter

I have been having some trouble installing windows. I have done clean installs hundreds of times. This one is really getting me good. I keep getting the following error.
    the file tourW.exe was not copied correctly
    It suggests the disk is dirty.
    I have cleaned the disk
    I have used a second disk same version of xp pro sp2 oem
    I have swapped hard drives with same model
    I have swapped motherboard with same model
    I have used a different dvd RW both a sata and a ide
    I keep getting the same error. I have the following hardware
    Asus m2nbp - vm csm
    Kingston memory ddr2 667
    This computer worked perfectly for two weeks and then the windows installation became so messed up it cannot even be accessed in another system. I go to click the drive which is recognized and it says unable to access or something like that. I am right now trying to install with only one stick of memory. I Have two one gig sticks.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Jerry
    ps i just got a new error .
    It says the file msrep140.dll was not copied correctly. The file setup placed on your hard drive is not a valid windows system image. If you are installing from a cd there may be a problem with the cd. To retry press enter.

2. xavier57

xavier57

Hello!,
    Every time I have problems while installing windows and I get a message tellling me that file "such and such" can not be installed, I solve the problem by installing new memory sticks. Try and let us know.

3. chewie1012

chewie1012 Thread Starter

I had two memory sticks. One of them was bad. Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597606

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice