1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

errors on winxp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by johnnychan, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. johnnychan

johnnychan Thread Starter

i just updated my bios on my abit kd7-raid to support my new processor amd xp 2600+ barton 333fsb...and my computer keeps giving me memory errors...i believe i have pc2100 ddr ram and thats like 266ddr, now its reading it as 333ddr when the computer boots up...do you think i need to contact abit to see whats up with that or do i need faster ram??? right now its settling down a lil bit, hasn't crashed my internet explorer in 5 mins...=) but b4 it was crashing it after i open and use it for a lil bit then it goes report error or dont send, also when i open other programs it gave me some exception errors i believe that has to do with the ram...well let me know what you guys think...thanks for all your help

2. johnnychan

k it finally crashed again after about 10 mins of using internet explorer...i was posting a reply on another thread and it crashed while i was typing...just keeping y'all informed about my problems...thanks

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Replace the memory...

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Ypu're overclocking your RAM.

See if in the BIOS you can change the Memory so that it runs at 266(133)MHz instead of 333(166)Mhz. Just make sure its only for the RAM and not the entire FSB which will slow down the CPU. If no such option exists - > buy new RAM. Running it at 333Mhz will not work, and running it at 266Mhz affects performance.

5. myvicisslow

myvicisslow

i've been having the same problem today. my comp kept freezing after about 5 minutes after booting up. i am on an abit mobo. as Triple6 said the bandwidth for RAM on your mobo is probably 133Mhz. also, you may be having conflicts if you have different types of modules (ie bank 0 - 256mb 233mhz and bank 1 - 128 166mhz) i had a 256mb 100mhz in one bank and a 128mb 133mhz in the other bank. i took out the 128 module and now i'm back in action.

6. johnnychan

naw i just have all pc2100 ddr ram and that runs at 266mhz and after updating bios for my new cpu 2600+ barton it makes my ddr ram speed at 333mhz...so i ordered new ram and it should be up and running on monday...=)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!