1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Errors Running Registration After Office 2000 Install

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JeepFun76, Mar 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeepFun76

JeepFun76 Thread Starter

I just installed Office 2k on two machines. Both running Windows 2000 also. The one machine that everything is working fine was installed with FAT files system. Thats the ONLY difference between the two machines. The one using NTFS does not work correctly. When trying to run Word/Excel, etc.. it comes up with the registration prompt. I click "yes" and get the following error "The Registration wizard cannot run because the system information it requires is either unavailable or incorrect" Which means so far my Office installation has been unusable. I am also unable to run/setup Outlook because it tells me I need to have admin access (which I am logged in under the main admin) I think both errors are because of the same problem somewhere. If anyone knows what is causing this or how to fix it please let me know! :(

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/40272

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice