Errors When Disabling Indexing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xmf

Disabling indexing by right-clicking on the system drive and going into properties, I am receiving multiple error messages during the de-indexing process with the error windows entitled "Error Applying Attributes".

There are multiple files that are causing this same error to be displayed, some of them which are "swapfile.sys. Alphabet.xml, & dao360.dll".

I am trying this from an administrator account without any programs running, and on an almost new Win10 PC with very few changes to it. Can all of these errors simply be skipped/ignored? Or should these files be able to be included in the de-indexing process somehow?

Last edited:
Disabling indexing by right-clicking on the system drive and going into properties, I am receiving multiple error messages during the de-indexing process with the error windows entitled "Error Applying Attributes".

There are multiple files that are causing this same error to be displayed, some of them which are "swapfile.sys. Alphabet.xml, & dao360.dll".

I am trying this from an administrator account without any programs running, and on an almost new Win10 PC with very few changes to it. Can all of these errors simply be skipped/ignored? Or should these files be able to be included in the de-indexing process somehow?
The errors that you are receiving are probably due to either not having sufficient privileges to modify them or they are an important function that is in use by your operating system. You can try skipping those processes and continue. It is best not to disable certain processes that are in use by your operating system because it might cause some type of instability if certain processes are not indexed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online