1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Errors when removing Corel WP Office 2000

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Jenny Shyne, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny Shyne

Jenny Shyne Thread Starter

While removing Corel WordPerfect Office 2000, using their uninstall feature, I received the following message: Windows Installer "Incorrect Command Line Parameter" V2.00.2601. Portions of this software are based in part on the work of the independent JPEG group. Then it asked if I would like to continue, which I did. What does this mean?

Since then, I have had two occurrances where everything froze and I got an errors from IE. I could not close the message boxes, not even using ACD. I had to kill the power and scan. I don't know if this is related to the error that I received while removing Corel WP Office 2000 or not.

These are the messages that I received: Ilegal action,operation will be shut down.... EXPLORER caused an invalid page fault in module SDHELPER.dll

Illegal action operation will be shut down.... EXPLORER caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> (no detail)

In both instances, I was playing an online game and had 2 other windows open, which is not uncommon for me. js

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

SDHELPER.dll belongs to Spybot search and destroy.

I don't see it being related to the uninstall.

You mention that you uninstalled Windows 2000 as well???

You might want to download HiJackThis from
    http://tomcoyote.org/hjt

Run it, and post the log back here, it would enable some keen eyed person to spot any processes that should not be running.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172582

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice